Bay centre, nsw
First building to achieve
6 Star NABERS Energy Rating without green power
Mirvac is Australia's leading, diversified property group and have launched a plan for a sustainable future, This Changes Everything. Bay Centre was built by Mirvac in 2002, and the building was maintaining original 14 year old mechanical equipment.
• MIRVAC were looking to save energy on their building portfolio to enhance environmental outcomes.
• Alerton Australia worked with MIRVAC to determine BMS control strategy and lighting upgrades
• Matched up client data to target those areas that had the highest energy use.
• Alerton are performing ongoing monitoring and improvements in energy efficiency under the Platinum contract.
• 42% Energy Savings
• Awarded the 1st base building 6 stars NABERS rating without green power in Sydney
Mirvac has launched a plan for a sustainable future, This Changes Everything. They were looking at ways to save energy in their building portfolio through re-imagining the way energy, water and materials are used.
Bay Centre needed to effectively reduce carbon emissions, water and waste to assist MIRVAC in reaching their goals of reducing carbon intensity (2018), installing 1MW of renewable energy (2018) and being net positive (2030).
Mirvac signed up to a Platinum agreement where the focus of service was to save energy, using BMS control strategy upgrades as part of the Platinum Energy Contract as well as minor lighting upgrades.
This type of maintenance is a partnership between Alerton and Mirvac to drive building performance by reducing energy consumption whilst maintaining comfortable building conditions for your tenants.