380 St Kilda Road optimises building performance through energy efficiency initiatives to achieve 5.5 Star NABERS Rating.
Building Developer: Mirvac
Project Type: BMS & EMS
Comprising over 15 levels and 24,580 square metres, 380 St Kilda Road have achieved a ½ Star uplift to 5.5 Star NABERS Rating in both energy and water over 12 months.
Through a series of energy efficiency initiatives and ongoing BMS optimisation provided by Leading Edge Automation (trading as Conservia in Australia), a proactive team approach in engineering insight has extended much value to the building operations. By focusing on improving their energy efficiency, carbon emissions and water consumption, the improved NABERS Rating was achieved without any active analytical engine in place.
As of July 2020, 380 St Kilda has entered into a Building Performance Maintenance Agreement whereby energy consumption will be optimised and opportunities for future energy savings will be highlighted ensuring this A-grade office building continues to achieve their ongoing sustainability targets.
Key building tuning strategies:
- CO2 and static pressure control on the Air Handling Unit’s
- Optimum Start
- Heating hot water DP pump control
- Tenant condenser water pump control on both primary and secondary side
- Floating DP setpoint on primary based off field demand
- Addition of Variable Air Volume (VAV) global setpoint reset and cooling offset reset
- VAV floor audits