Alerton Australia / Leading Edge Automation commence the next stage of building controls for Brisbane’s Largest Integrated CBD Development at 300 George Street.
We have been awarded as the BMS providers for the Commercial Tower in Brisbane Quarter at 300 George Street. Having successfully completed Stage 1 of the development project, we are proud to be a part of the next stage. Stage 1 involved building control works for the Hotel Tower, including the Basement and Podium. The next stage involves building control for the 41-storey Commercial Tower at 300 George Street. This Commercial Tower will form part of the Brisbane Quarter development and is intended to achieve a 5-Star Green Star and a 5-Star NABERS rating.
The Brisbane Quarter development project began in late 2013 and is Brisbane’s largest development project to date. Brisbane Quarter will be the first integrated, mixed-use precinct in Brisbane. Consisting of three ultra modern glass towers, Brisbane Quarter will stand where Queensland’s old Supreme Courthouse once stood. Brisbane Quarter at 300 George Street, Brisbane Quarter has already officially launched its five-star luxury lifestyle W hotel and an 82-level residential tower.
This project is hugely focused on energy-efficient, safe and secure buildings with on-site amenity to create the perfect environment for occupiers and staff. With billions of dollars being injected into this development project, no aspect is being overlooked.
Brisbane Quarter Design Objective
The building is being designed and constructed to achieve:
- • Green Building Council of Australia 5 Green Stars Design & As Built v1.1
- • A minimum 5 Star NABERS Energy Rating in accordance with the current Validation Protocol for Simulation as verified by an independent NABERS consultant.
- • The Property Council of Australia and “A” Grade and “Premium” Grade outcomes for various parameters.
- • Being fully operational 24 hours a day
- • Maximise the space to achieve the highest possible building efficiency.
- • Building services to support a minimum population in the office tower of 1 person per 10m2 of NLA
- • An environmentally sustainable Works and that promotes wellness within the Building by delivering proposed ESD ratings
Building Controls to Maximise Efficiency
Alerton Australia/Leading Edge Automation’s BMS will help to maximise efficiency, minimise operating costs and reduce the environmental impact of the commercial tower. We will be controlling the new Cooling Towers, AHUs, PAC units, VAVs, and fans while integrating with the existing Central Energy Plant which was commissioned as part of Stage 1, new Hydraulic services, Fire services, Lifts, and the building's EMS.
In particular, the BMS will control:
- • 7 basement levels including carpark levels, hotel back of house facilities (B2), hotel staff amenities (B2), commercial end of trip facilities (B2), services plantrooms, car wash bays.
- • Loading dock on basement level 2, accessible from North Quay.
- • 4 podium levels which include the hotel, residential and commercial lobbies, retail tenancies, hotel restaurant and bars, swimming pools, and a residential recreational facility at level 4.
- • 34 level hotel tower including a low-level plantroom (level 5) and roof level plantroom.
- • 42 levels of Property Council Australia (PCA) Grade A commercial office, including low-level plantrooms (level 4 and level 5), roof level plantrooms and retail tenancy on level 4.
- • Central energy plant supplying chilled water and condenser water energy transfer media to the various building uses. The plant also provides hot water heating energy for Hotel use.
- • Central standby power plan supplying emergency standby power for limited functionality to the various building uses.
Work has now commenced on the next stage for this huge development project at 300 George Street. This stage is due for completion mid-2019.